VA - The Best of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum: Live (2011) MP3

Lero
Ekspert

Post autor: Lero »

MP3 320 Kbps | 3 hour 47 min | Genre: Rock, Soul/Funk, Rock & Roll, Classic Rock, Blues Rock | Label: Life | 2011 | 520 MB

As a cultural and economic hub, Shanghai's rich cultural landscape is a melting pot that reflects the simplicity and elegance of oriental esthetics and a modern style inspired by the world at large. After a nearly three-year wait, Shanghai Lounge 6 will once again bring together a mesmerizing collection of lounge music from across the globe and bring out the beauty of this oriental pearl. CD1 Lounge Edition opens with a modern lounge number brimming in retro appeal by Austria's Wolf Myer Orchestra and soul diva Lilith, thereafter, indulge in the romantic melodies co-composed by German nu-jazz group and British singer Iain Mackenzie, the sultry and alluring trip hip of Amsterdam group Adani & Wolf, Merge of Equals' ethereal charm, Kraak & Smaak's elegant electronic funk beats, Mathieu Hobiere's reggae style and the crystal clear downtempo flavor of Minus 8, all of which lend a dash of passion and color to Shanghai. Sailing deeper into the quiet city night upon CD2 Chill Edition, we will be greeted by the likes of maestros including Deja-Move, Smoma, Polar Rundfunk, Djako, Hideo Kobayashi and Aleksey Beloozerov. Their blend of gentle movements express shades of downtempo, ambient, chill out and house, sensuously soothing and exhibiting modern elegance, they seamlessly create the musical prowess that envelops this city.

Aside from the various debates about who should be in or not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, or even if there should be a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the annual filmed and recorded induction ceremony that the hall puts on is never less than interesting, and it's an event where rock star icons turn into fans, long broken-up bands reunite for one more turn on a stage, and everyone seems full of joy and good humor, leading up to the all-star jams that close out the show each year. This three-disc set collects some of the more memorable live performances at this annual event, and if most of the performances are less than definitive, they more than make up for it in sheer star power and historical significance. Who wouldn't want to see the iconic power trio Cream reunite for one more turn through "Sunshine of Your Love," or the surviving members of the Mamas & the Papas deliver a moving autumnal performance of "California Dreamin'," or Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band backing Chuck Berry on "Johnny B. Goode," or a version of Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth" done by Crosby, Stills & Nash with Tom Petty Again, none of these performances eclipses the original, but that really isn't the point. The induction concerts are really about the joy and courage of rock & roll, about celebrating those artists who have made the music fun, daring, innovative, challeg, and always memorable. And it's not about who's in or who's out. It's about a remarkably resilient style of music that has found a thousand different ways to say so many things. It's about rocking on a Saturday night. It's about being a fan. It's about what a long, strange, and wonderful trip it's been.

Tracklist:

Disc 1

1. Chuck Berry & Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band - Johnny B. Goode

2. Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Ron Wood, Joe Perry & Flea - The Train Kept A-Rollin'

3. Al Green - A Change Is Gonna Come

4. The Ronettes - Be My Baby

5. Kid Rock & The Rock Hall Jam Band - Sweet Little Rock And Roller

6. Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen & The Rock Hall Jam Band - I Saw Her Standing There

7. Joan Jett, John Mellencamp, John Fogerty & Billy Joel - Glad All Over

8. The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night

9. The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'

10. Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen & The Rock Hall Jam Band - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

11. Eric Burdon & Bon Jovi - It's My Life

12. The Who & The Rock Hall Jam Band - Substitute

13. James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)

14. Crosby, Stills & Nash & Tom Petty - For What It's Worth

15. The Mamas & The Papas - California Dreamin'

16. The Doors & Eddie Vedder - Break On Through

17. Wilson Pickett & Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band - In The Midnight Hour

18. Paul McCartney & The Rock Hall Jam Band - Let It Be

Disc 2

1. Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love

2. Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Steve Winwood, Dhani Harrison & Prince - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

3. John Fogerty & Friends - Green River

4. Jeff Beck & Jimmy Page - Beck's Bolero

5. James Taylor - Woodstock

6. The Who & The Rock Hall Jam Band - Won't Get Fooled Again

7. Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy

8. The Allman Brothers Band & Sheryl Crow - Midnight Rider

9. John Fogerty & Friends - Who'll Stop The Rain

10. James Taylor - Fire And Rain

11. Cream - Crossroads

12. Metallica - Iron Man

13. The Doors & Eddie Vedder - Roadhouse Blues

14. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama